(Top Secret) Lead (IAMD Trainer) Support Engineer Job
Fairfax, VA | Contract
Lead Tech Support Engineer
Title: Lead Tech Support Engineer
Clearance Status: Top Secret
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- This position requires technical disciplines such as training, IAMD planning and execution, technical manual oversight, and system level testing and evaluation.
- Candidate must possess a strong, proven understanding of deployed IAMD systems with the ability to interact with end-user operators.
- Position requires candidate to create and conduct training of IAMD systems, development of operational manuals including development of Capabilities and Limitations documentation.
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system
- are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Independently determines proposed approach to solutions
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Plans and executes project tasks for activities described above
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal work groups
- Works under limited direction
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
- Frequent contact with external customers
- Travel may be required
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Candidate will not only support training but will work alongside business development as well as on-going systems engineers to help define new system requirements toward an evolution of common AMD across the Navy.
- The candidate will also support proposal work as well as customer interaction. Also, they are expected to lead a small team to develop the necessary training material.
- Experience developing training material
- Experience leading a team to develop training material
- Experience with Air and Missile Defense (AMD) capabilities
- Experience managing budget and resources
- Familiarity and expertise with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with SW Requirements dev/mapping/management
- Experienced with DOORS.
- Experience with AIM products;
- USMTF and LINK knowledge
- Experience with mission planning/monitoring domains
- Highly proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Highly proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
- Highly proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Recognizes various architectural patterns
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Highly proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Highly proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Highly proficient ability to clearly report relevant to sound systems engineering design
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’ s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent.