Phoenix, AZ 85001
• The Systems Engineer position is a 12-Month Contract-to-Hire role working in Phoenix, AZ
-Systems Engineer to support all systems engineering tasks such as requirements analysis, requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), cost, and risk assessments, trade studies, and document system design descriptions.
• Develop component level performance specification by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS
• Create requirements traceability in DOORS
• Develop and maintain requirements compliance and supporting artifacts.
• Develop interface control diagrams (ICDs) between assigned sub-system, system and components.
• Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
• Coordinate SE activities with IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
• Provide systems engineering input to support program reviews.
• Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Have knowledge necessary to write requirements specification (subsystem and component).
• Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
• Develop and manage system functions and requirements using DOORS.
• Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
• Generate system design concept descriptions and capability assessments per the program Statement of Work (SOW).
• Plan, conduct and document complex trade studies. • Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system. • Be able to manage system risk.
• Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Education: Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience: 7+ Years with AA 5+ Years with BS