Eagan , MN | Contract
The client seeks one COBOL developers in Eagan, MN. The programmer must have extensive experience developing the COBOL/CICS language.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at client facility in Eagan, MN.
• Extensive experience in read and write COBOL programs.
• Experience in reading and writing JCL.
• Expertise in how to navigate around in TSO and how to use its various functionalities.
• Must know the basics for using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Outlook is helpful.
• Knowledge of the ChangeMan source handling software is very helpful.
• Knowledge of VSAM file processing is very helpful. Knowledge of File-Aid is very helpful.
• 6+ years’ expensive experience developing/programming in COBOL/CICS.
• Experience with the following:
• IMS DB
• UTILITIES – IBM/others (SORT, IEBGENER, etc.)
• Control statements
• File structures:
• Debug skills – ABEND-AID (or others)
• SQL, PL/SQL
• Web Services experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
• Software Development Lifecycle experience (Waterfall or Agile)
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’ s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
• All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
• Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.
• The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.
Place and Period of Performance
• Hours of support:
• The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
• Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
• Location: (Eagan, MN)
• Candidates must have all required skills/experience to be considered.
• Candidates must be a US Citizen
• Candidates need Public Trust Clearance