Cisco Telephony Engineer
Crystal City, VA | Contract
Telephone Engineer (Secret Cleared)
Our client has an immediate need for a Telephony Engineer to support wide-reaching government contract.
You need a Secret clearance and 1 certification for IAT Level II (CompTIA Security+, CySa+, CCNA – Security, GISCP, GSEC, or SSCP certification).
This role will be working on call management and a little bit of understanding network architecture.
You need to have an understanding of switches, ports and how they work, and a true understanding of CUCM, VoIP and those systems.
Our client isn’ t building anything from scratch or architecting any new system. The existing call management system needs to be managed by an engineer.
This is a large environment and you will be responsible for:
- Telephony services, including VoIP services
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco VoIP phone station sets
- VMWare familiarity
- Perform Moves/Adds/Changes
- Cisco 3800 routers and Cisco voice gateway configurations
- Exchange Unified Messaging setup and maintenance
- Licensing management and hosting
- Cisco Unity voice mail setup and maintenance
- Document and maintain the existing Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions
- ADTRAN 5000 series access node
- Strong familiarity with ISDN PRI, POTS
- Provide and service teleconferencing services as needed
- Familiarity with UDP/IP VoIP related services and protocols (SIP, H.323)
- Support COOP telephony services according to the COOP plan
- Issue, manage, and service the use of mobile computing devices. Evaluate and accept approved requests
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience, or 14 years of total experience in lieu of a Degree.
- Active Secret clearance
- Security+ certification. (or a minimum of a Network+ or A+ certification with the ability to obtain a security+ within 60 days of starting
- Must have sufficient and relevant hands-on experience in VoIP Telephony transformation in a large scale production environment
- Significant experience in large scale IP Telephony architecture, design and implementation encompassing all facets of IP Telephony
- Knowledge of Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) and call routing as pertains to Service Desk support