Hartford, CT | Contract
Softworld's client is looking for a Cloudscape or Storage Engineer for a 8 month contract.
• Oversee and assist with engineering design and technical changes required to support migrations from the EMC 20K & 40K storage arrays to NetApp in NADC, for server migrations from Ashburn / Atlanta into NADC & NADC2 and for migration of the ERP Financial systems from CenturyLink to NADC & NADC2.
• Provide technical expertise with regards to the following software and hardware: Windows operating system(s), Linux OS, ESX vSphere, Commvault, NetApp, NetApp Snap Mirror / SRM, EMC VMAX, EMC RecoverPoint, HP EVA (SAN), Cisco UCS, UCS Director/Manager, CloudCenter
• Work with the Workstream PMs to ensure coordination and integration of engineering activities required to complete Workstream deliverables.
• Liaise with Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, IRM and other Engineering subject matter experts to determine technology solution alternatives and alignment/disruption to roadmap while addressing specific business and application needs.
• Provide Hosting infrastructure design services including technical assessments, IT standards compliance, hardware and software product selection.
• Review low level solution design for adherence to provided Architectural approaches and participate in service transition / quality gate reviews prior to go-live.
• Prepare and/or review runbooks and provide knowledge transfer as required for handover of operational support to partner suppliers.
• Work closely within the Hosting Engineering Team and with Operations to scale capacity and design solutions that meet operational standards for reliability and operational usability.
• Conduct Proof-of-concept (POC) tests to help determine the viability of new technologies.
• Create processes that streamline operational workflows and, where possible, leverages automated solutions to implement those processes.
• Coordinate with multiple hardware and software vendors to ensure service delivery meets SLA targets.