Scottsdale, AZ | Contract
Softworld's client has an immediate opening for a Communications Specialist supporting the development and delivery of a variety of communications to the organization. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’ s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This role works directly with Information Technology (IT) project teams to develop creative, well-crafted communications, conveying information to the target audience in an engaging manner. Communication delivery will leverage multiple channels: email, text messaging, video, audio, posters and web postings and others.
- Create accurate, well written, grammatically correct communications designed to appeal to the target audience
- Interacting with a variety of IT projects and associated team members to truly understand underlying communication objectives, target audiences and associated messages
- Translating technical jargon from IT teams into a refined message easily consumable by the target audience
- Selecting the most effective communication channel or determining the right mix of communication channels to leverage for the delivery of the message
- Interacting with the IT communication and Internal Communications teams to deliver coordinated communications in the most effective and timely manner
- Exercise organization skills to develop and execute a communication plan for each project supported.
- Highly developed creative skills; able to think ‘ out of the box’ to make a communication connection
- Able to take a concept and fully develop it into a communication plan with limited direction
- Strong writing skills with an attention to detail, grammar and conciseness
- Able to work with a project team to develop and execute a robust communication plan
- Flexible to adapt to changes in message, dates and priorities
- Strong listening skills to understand the message to be delivered
- Able to learn technology constructs as applicable to individual messages
- Ability to utilize multiple interpersonal styles to effectively pull communication requirements out of the technical project team members
- Very knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of SharePoint sites, pages, web parts and how they can be used
- Familiarity with video capture and editing
- Bachelor’ s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic design or related education
- 2 years’ experience developing business communications