DevOps System Architect/Tech Lead
North Bethesda, MD | Contract to Hire
DevOps System Architect / Team Lead
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Our client is seeking a highly skilled, technical lead and Solution Architect to join their Enterprise DevOps Implementation/ Modern App-Dev standards team. The candidate shall have a strong background in architecting, designing and implementing solutions for application development and systems engineering projects using modern application development methodologies and practices such as Micro Services and DevOps. This client facing role needs an active customer engagement, guiding a team of highly skilled DevOps engineers, leading ATO processes, and performing industry research on IT modernization best practices. The details of the role are as follows:
- Maintain and own the end to end implementation of Jenkins based Enterprise DevOps Pipeline including the CI/CD tools and their integration with other enterprise tools
- Define and implement Microservices framework and strategy at an Enterprise level, including but not limited to API Gateway management, tools selection, service discovery and a service catalog
- Strategize conversion of monolithic applications and SOA based applications to microservices based architecture.
- Conduct whiteboarding sessions with cross functional IT community (developers, systems engineers, architects, operations, security experts, etc.) to lead the modernization solutioning
- Engage with the technical analysts to perform the industry research and document the application development modernization standards on a quarterly basis
- Engage with several hundred application teams from across the agency to help transition from traditional development practices to the Enterprise DevOps and agile based platforms
- Actively engage with the Federal Technical Manager to lead the strategies on solutioning, socializing and other key technology aspects
- Provide solutions to continuously enhance the DevOps platform to meet application teams’ needs and strengthen security standards
- Lead implementation of DevOps platform on GovCloud and onboard applications
- Integrate the DevOps pipeline with Enterprise Docker container platform and other IT service management and project management tools such as ServiceNow and JIRA
- Implement monitoring solutions for the DevOps platform that meets agency’ s standards
- Define strategies for keeping the platform updated with critical security patches and evaluate and implement feature functions that is going to benefit the application teams
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience required
- 10+ years of experience in designing and implementing solutions as a senior Solution Architect supporting enterprise application development and systems maintenance
- 5+ years of experience in implementing and supporting Enterprise DevOps solutions and onboarding applications
- 5+ years of experience in Open Source or CloudBees Jenkins, Git repositories – GitLab or GitHub, Code scanning tools such as SonarQube
- 5+ Expertise in test automation tools – Selenium and Cucumber experience preferred
- 5+ years in an application architect/developer role; preferably with applications on Java, J2EE stack, node.js, angular, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in containerization solutions such Docker and / or Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management tools – Ansible. Puppet preferred
- Must have implemented DevOps solutions from initiation to adoption, at an Enterprise level.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages – Shell, Groovy and/or Perl and supporting Linux servers.
- Proven experience in container based application development and automated deployments
- Expertise in implementing cloud solutions with one or more cloud platforms – AWS and Google Cloud preferred
- Strong working knowledge of software development frameworks and Architecture practices
- Experience in Microservices based architecture and API management tools - CA Layer 7 preferred
- Exposure to Code Scans and application level security and monitoring solutions
- Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
- Jenkins or Cloudbees Jenkins Certification
- Certified AWS Solution Architect or Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect