Director of Dev Ops
Beverly, MA | Perm
Director of DevOps
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Responsible for a world class service level operations & delivery function
- Direct monitoring of 24/7 system availability, application performance, system scaling and mirror site failover capabilities to achieve proper escalation and response to incidents, events and problems
- Manage the designing, support and Disaster Recovery of Enterprise Level infrastructure spanning across multiple data centers leveraging private & public cloud
- As a senior technology leader work with business leaders providing support to external departments for customer facing applications
- Hire, mentor and lead DevOps teams in an Agile environment
- Oversees the prioritizing of tasks or projects to align with strategic IT objectives and with business goals
- Manages implementation of infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration/deployment practices and configuration management.
- Facilitates Windows AD networking and authentication design and implementation including Single Sign On capabilities
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 + years of experience managing an Operations support team for a SAAS production environment
- 5+ years of experience in implementing best practices, in the following domains: security, compliance and data storage
- Excellent risk management, mitigation skills, strong program and project management skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Experience working with distributed teams is a plus, cloud related tools / products / containers (e.g. Docker, Monitoring, Data Storage), gMP compliant environment
- Networking– working knowledge of LAN/WAN, network topologies and the OSI layer.
- Working knowledge of various CD/CI tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible or CfEngine.)
- Excellent written and communication skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel).
- Proven ability to mentor others in technology and business related communications
- Scripting and development proficiency in several following languages: .Net, XML Powershell, perl, bash, etc a plus
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.