Display Software Engineer - D.C. Area (Secret Clearance)
Fairfax, VA | Contract
- Lead the MIPS software team for Database management and GUI development efforts.
- Work with the program technical lead on define tasks, schedule, technical issues, and risk
- Lead the software team to meet program milestones.
- Responsibilities also include enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software.
- Responsible for coding, testing, integrating and documenting software solutions.
- Conduct or participate in the research, design, development, and integration of Air and Missile Defense (AMD) related software models, databases and displays.
- Define and develop creative and innovative software architectures and solutions to address emerging challenges in systems-of-systems integration.
- Support development and integration of GUI screens and Databases.
- Participate in a team environment to design, develop, and enhance, displays for the AMD domain, including providing full life cycle support (requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing, and debugging).
- Apply object-oriented design and development techniques in the C++ and Java programming languages
- Develop unit test software through both automated and manual testing techniques to very GUI functionality.
- Analyze GUI test results to support verification & validation, regression testing, formal test events, and concept/feasibility studies.
- Experience with display design, development and integration
- Experiences with C++ and JAVA software development for 3D displays
- Experience with WWJ/3D GIS, NGA data sets, very strong Linux Skills
- Experience with multi-threaded Java objects and GUI components
- Experience with developing software for clients and servers
- Experience with developing software for Windows, Solaris and Linux environments
- Experience with mission planning
- Experience with Digester, XML, SQL, JDBC, Perl, Bash, JBuilder, Eclipse, MySQL, PVCS, Sybase
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field or the equivalent.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is Required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.