Andover, MA | Contract to Hire
Need an Electrical Designer to handle design work associated with the development of plans and specifications on a number of concurrent projects
- Perform calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package as directed by engineers, senior engineers, or project managers.
- Prepare studies, perform field surveys, document existing conditions, and/or recommend design solutions.
- Obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in and out of state. Make assessments of existing field conditions using knowledge of engineering systems design and operation. Document existing conditions as required. May require occasional overnight travel.
- May communicate and attend meetings with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
- Obtain knowledge of building codes and stay current with building code changes.
- Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package, guided occasionally by more senior staff members.
- Specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions.
- Perform CAD functions proficiently in discipline and use AutoCAD software to transfer design concepts to a format (AutoCAD) acceptable to the client, architect, and/or construction company.
- 5 years of experience developing plans and specifications in the electrical discipline.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the engineering principles in the electrical discipline.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD.
- Must be moderately proficient in REVIT.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.