Enterprise Applications Lead/Manager
Washington, DC | Contract to Hire
Location: Washington, D.C.
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Seeking an Enterprise Applications Lead/Manager with strong technical leadership and exceptional collaboration skills to support the management, operations, and maintenance tasks of the Enterprise Applications Support group in Washington D.C. The Enterprise Applications Support group provides ongoing application development and maintenance support for 70+ custom, COTS, GOTS, and open source applications, many of which are based on J2EE, Liferay, legacy PHP, and ColdFusion technologies.
This person will be an effective leader who will share the direct responsibility of managing a 20-25 member team comprised of software developers, test engineers, and analysts of mid to senior skill levels.
The selected individual should have experience in cloud migration and DevOps strategy.
To be successful you should have:
• 6+ years’ experience managing technical software projects.
• 5+ years in heads-down software development, system integrations, and testing.
• 3+ years of Agile project management experience using Scrum or like methodology.
• 3+ years providing supervision, mentoring, and development opportunities for engineering staff.
• Able to adapt to work with emerging/changing technologies and development methodologies; i.e. DevOps, Ansible automation, CI/CD.
• Able to define strategy, build consensus, and gracefully drive initiatives forward.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgment.
• Able to write clearly and technically in order to communicate with both non-technical and technical audiences.
• Highly organized in supporting and tracking status for multiple concurrent projects and activities.
• Possess the subject matter expertise to evaluate systems integration, interface requirements, and propose effective technical solutions per customer requirements.
• Provide hands-on oversight and technical expertise in development and maintenance support for custom applications.
• Support innovation and strategy in the areas of DevSecOps and Cloud Migration.
• Primary responsibility to manage and ensure the timely completion of specific technical projects and initiatives from initiation through delivery.
• Interface with various customer IT group directors and executives (Business Systems, Enterprise Architecture, Network Operation, and Security).
• Conduct project meetings and be responsible for project tracking, analysis and status reporting.
• Prepare project management plans, contract task orders, staffing/cost estimates, and schedules for approval by customer.
• Gather required data from end users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope for the creation of technical specifications.
• Resolve major program/project issues such as resource allocation and scheduling.
• Oversee the team as they plan, track and execute project plans from start to completion.
• Manage staff with diverse application development and maintenance skill sets.
• Manage the development/enhancement of applications in a Java, PHP and ColdFusion environment while following Agile development methodologies.
• Manage the maintenance and upgrades of COTS products and applications.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards, maintain standard operating procedures, and review project deliverables.
The Enterprise Applications Lead/Manager should have demonstrated experience of the following activities related to the requirements of the role:
1. Develop and evaluate system integration and interface requirements.
2. Develop functional requirements.
3. Develop logical and physical database designs
4. Develop and evaluate design proposals.
5. Develop and evaluate system programming efforts.
6. Facilitate and execute system prototyping and usability testing.
7. Develop and execute quality assurance test plans.
8. Development of system and user documentation.
9. Conduct root cause analysis and post implementation reviews.
10. Use of SDLC-related tools and utilities.
11. Manage the operations and maintenance of diverse multiple concurrent software enterprise applications.
12. Experience with group facilitation and consensus building during requirements definition and other group activities.
13. Manage staff with various application development and maintenance skill sets consistent with customer applications, tools, and technologies.
• Demonstrated capability executing large enterprise application development projects, leveraging Agile principles, to deliver business applications for clients.
• Able to define system architectures and tactical solutions for software delivery.
• Able to perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of technical systems.
• Able to provide technical guidance, information, and support to application developers and engineers.
• Possess expertise in one or more technical disciplines such as Oracle/SQL, Java, DevOps, Cloud.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills while working with a diverse customer base.