Entry Level Software Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Duration: 12+ months
Years of Experience: 0-2 years
Key Skills: Perl, SQL, working with databases
Technology: Perl, SQL, Visual Basic, MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, MS SQL, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, XML, Unix
Tasks include technical support, application user training, answering technical and operations questions, and provide system solution recommendations to solve business or technical issues. Candidate must have the ability to plan, analyze, design, test, implement and support software applications, with strong skills in database design, programming/scripting, and project leadership. The candidate of choice must work in a team environment to support, analyze, and derive requirements and assist in the development of new products or improve existing applications. In addition, the candidate shall be able to: Support department's computer assets and user software requirements.
• Work with desktop, network and security departments as personnel requirements change.
• Assist in process development and improvement projects, maintain product quality control and adhere to standard practices in product development.
• Evaluate emerging standards, specifications, development tools, and determine impact on current requirements and recommend alternative solutions that add value.
• Work directly with management to identify and address future program needs and gaps.
• Investigate customer inquiries and respond in a timely fashion.
• Update processes or software as necessary.
• Support requirements for baseline control, content/configuration.
• Support App development for IOS, Android or Windows.
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
• Computer programming and scripting skills including Perl, Visual Basic, Unix shell scripts, SQL Server, PL/SQL, XML, and Java, SGML. Document Type Definitions (DTD), schema, and XSLT a plus.
• Must have iSO, Android and Windows App development experience.
• Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems / development environments.
• Knowledge of common Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including SQL Server.
• Must have personal computer skills (competent with MS Office applications).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
• Must have strong analytical and creative skills to comfortably solve complex problems that might involve ambiguity and uncertainty.
• Must have a strong propensity to record and document processes, software and source code.
• Experience with Logistics Management Information (LMI) and including application administration a major plus.
• Must be able to perform in a team environment including team leadership when required.
• Comply with ISO standards and ITAR regulations as required.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
• Must adhere to strict project schedules and meet extremely high quality standards.