Washington, DC | Contract to Hire
- Perform the daily operational tasks that are necessary to provide a stable and robust Exchange environment, including monitoring, proactive maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Identify and resolve Outlook 2010 customer related issues.
- Provide tier 2 troubleshooting support of Exchange issues; investigate user escalation calls.
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities (such as mailbox moves, server reboots, patching, change management activities), as required
- Diagnose related hardware and software problems
- Work ontask and ticket management, with minimal supervision
- Take ownership of typical messaging issues and work to resolution and root cause identification.
- Assist in monitoring Exchange Windows server environment to provide timely management reports
- As a member of a rotation, support Windows Exchange Server systems 24/7 on-call
- Analyze system performance metrics and make recommendations for solutions to issues.
- Recommend changes to improve systems configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Maintain and administer third party applications including, but not limited to, Blackberry Enterprise Server and create appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing and supporting enterprise Exchange environments (Exchange 2010 preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing and supporting enterprise Microsoft Windows Server infrastructures
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 Server and enterprise server hardware
- Experience and diagnostic utilities
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting email client connectivity using protocols such as: EWS, Outlook Anywhere, Outlook Web App, MAPI, SMTP, POP/IMAP
- Working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory and associated technology (DNS, GPO, OU Structures, ADSI edit, FSMO roles)
- Experience with Blackberry Enterprise Server, Mobile Device Management solutions, and Hardware Load Balancer technologies
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, Excel & Word
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Experience with Good and Trend Micro
Duration: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Clearance: Public Trust