F5 Network Engineer
Kearneysville, WV | Contract to Hire
F5 Network Engineer
Softworld Inc.’ s client is seeking an experienced, motivated Network Engineer.
- Someone with hands-on experience with F5 BIG-IP LTM, F5 BIG-IP Application Security Module or related Web Application Firewall technologies.
- This position requires a broad level of up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments under minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
• Plan, implement, manage and optimize web application firewall operations for a major federal government agency
• Implement web security policies in F5 BIG-IP Application Security Module (ASM)
• Build cooperative relationships between infrastructure, application and security teams with a focus on streamlining security practices
• Define and drive adoption of automated processes to optimize web application security posture across development, test and production environments
• Conduct web application penetration testing
• Conduct API penetration testing
• Provide training and knowledge transfer to team members
• Secondarily assist with F5 BIG-IP LTM administration and operations
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS)
• 5-15 years’ experience in information security with a focus on web application security and penetration testing experience
• Hands-on experience engaging clientele in consulting-related environments
• Hands-on experience with F5 BIG-IP LTM, F5 BIG-IP Application Security Module or related Web Application Firewall technologies
• An aptitude for technical writing, including assessment reports, presentations, and operating procedures
• Familiarity with penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, Burp Suite Pro, Kali Linux, etc.
• Security testing experience with web, API and mobile apps
• Familiarity with HTML5, XML, SOAP, JSON, and AJAX
• Strong understanding of Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM), Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and DevSecOps
• Familiarity with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications and Department of Defense Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
• F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA), F5 Certified Technology Specialist ASM (F5-CTS ASM), F5 Certified Solution Expert (F5-CSE)
• Experience with F5 BIG-IP APIs and third-party integrations
• OSWE, OSCP, OSCE, GWEB, GWAPT, GPEN, CEH, CISSP or CISM certification(s)
• Hands-on experience creating useful tools and automation with Python, Perl, Bash, or Ansible
• Familiarity with common web frameworks