IT Data Architect
Wayne, PA | Contract
Duties: The IT Architect:
Metadata is responsible for understanding the organization's objectives and transforming them into enterprise architecture standards and solutions.
The role will serve as a technical expert and work closely with the Metadata business and IT teams in a variety of analytical and technical assignments, roadmap activities, solutions planning, and deployment of new and innovative IT services that are cost effective and strategically aligned to Business needs.
This position reports to the Senior Director, IT Architecture.
- Lead the development of architecture standards and usage guidelines for enabling delivery capabilities based on industry trends, innovation needs, and business drivers
- Develop IT architecture solution roadmaps in partnership with the Metadata business and IT teams
- Build effective, flexible, and scalable DevOps solutions, capabilities and cloud service management solutions
- Drive the overall architecture cloud infrastructure and cloud brokerage services
- Lead the identification of assets and services that can be re-used by the Metadata business teams to drive consistency, cost reduction, and improved performance
- Proactively monitor the strategic direction of key vendors, technology and market trends, and determine their potential impact and value to the client
- Facilitate product selection and targeted innovation with the IT and Metadata business teams
- Minimum 10+ years relevant experience in IT, with a range of experience from large, global companies to mid-sized technology/product development organizations
- 7+ years enterprise experience with a multitude of technologies such as Systems/Storage, Compute Platforms, Cloud, Databases, Operating Systems, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, Enterprise Integration, Data Center
- Planning, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- 7+ years enterprise experience with multiple server operating systems, virtualization hypervisors, converged platforms (Windows Server, VMware vSphere, RedHat Enterprise Linux, HPE Blades, etc.)
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift and/or Docker containers and Kubernetes
- 3+ years enterprise experience with Microsoft SQL Server