Innovation & Service Design Associate Director
New York, NY | Perm
The company is looking for an Innovation and Service Design Associate Director to join our team and help us to deliver thought provoking projects for blue chip companies.
This team works with clients to evaluate and experiment with emerging technologies, identifying how these could create value for their business.
The Innovation and Service Design Director will deliver ideation and design projects. You will lead small, expert teams delivering short engagements that address the three phases within our Innovation cycle.
Explore: Working with our research team to identify relevant new tech for each of our clients.
Experiment: Applying a Design Thinking approach with clients to work out how new technologies can benefit customers and colleagues.
Exploit: Linking with our sibling tech team to turn prototypes into rapid PoCs or MVPs, (and assuring that the output reflects the value identified during ideation.
The role would suit you if you have already developed a significant portfolio of innovation projects, delivered for a well know boutique or major consulting organization.
You will have in interest in emerging technology, but the bulk of your experience will be in applying Human Centered Design to business problems. For us, tech is an enabler, rather than an end.
You understand that many have the competencies for this role; some model the behaviors needed to make the grade, but only few recognize that fostering the right team culture will be equally to our success. You’ re one of the people who can tick all three boxes.
Main duties/responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Sales team as they identify opportunities to forge relationships within client's business stakeholders.
- Contributing to bid documents and working with Sales to set out project timescales and costings. You will represent our team during client presentations.
- Leading small project teams, that include Service Designers and SMEs from other practices. You will liaise with the client’ s senior stakeholders to set expectations, manage delivery, audit deliverables and feedback recommendations.
- Developing our people and our portfolio. Both are equally important to our success
- This position will have at least one direct report
Key Skills and Experience required for this role:
- 12 years of overall design experience. S/He should have experience in delivering projects that help clients to innovate, rather than just optimize.
- Must have Service Design experience. A portfolio is required.
- You will come from an innovation consultancy, or from within a specialist practice within a large agency or SI.
- You will have a deep experience of Design Thinking as an approach, but will also have employed other design methods to help clients work through iterative design processes.
- You will have a good understanding of the Financial, Health and Insurance sectors, and will have deep knowledge in one of these industries.
- You should have a good level of awareness of emerging technologies and how these will impact on society and business. You should be able to articulate how these will create drivers that will reshape industries and business models. You’ ll be able to show us something new.
- Create quality pitch and deliverable decks. Sometimes you dream in PowerPoint, or Keynote. Adobe CC skills are a plus, but not mandatory
- Create professional written assets. Brevity and clarity assures that our deliverables help clients to realize value from emerging tech investments.
- Exemplary facilitation skills that can be applied for large and small groups, and for multi-cultural audiences.