Integration Project Manager
Marlborough, MA | Contract
Project & Program Planning Responsibilities:
• Accountable for delivering the Integration capabilities that drive business results on one or more large sized, moderate to high complex IT projects from initialization through project close
• Lead projects through defined Solution Delivery Process (SDP)
• Partner with Solution Delivery organizations, program leadership and other partner organizations to create the project charter for Integration projects.
• Create detailed project plans for approved Integration projects
• Responsible for driving the estimations, work break down structure and identified critical paths
• Work closely with the technical SMEs to build project plans tracking activities at a detailed technical level
• Own complete accountability & responsibility for all the integration deliverables till end of warranty support
• Manage & coordinate onsite & offshore integration deliverables
• Plan & manage work allocation for the onsite & offshore for Integration development
• Coordinate work for Middleware infrastructure & other dependent teams for successful execution of the integration project
• Manage business and technical risks / Issues for the Integration area
• Drive status review meetings with onsite & offshore team during off business hours
• Manage weekly status reporting to Integration stake holders & project/program stake holders
• Ensure process adherence to Integration delivery process
• Efficiently manage comprehensive integration deployment planning and execution activities
• Manage & coordinate the integration release management activities
• Responsible for ensuring that the assigned projects are completed on time, within approved budget and provide desired business value
• Defined project quality and success criteria
• Assign priorities for and coordinate the activities for project staff
• Knowledge and understanding of conceptual architectures a plus. (Web, Client-server, Real-time Integration, SOA, SCA/SDO).
• Good experience planning and managing implementation of IBM Integration tools
• Awareness of all/some of the IBM products tied to Middleware a plus:
o WebSphere Message Broker (WSMB)
o WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition (WSFTE)
o Data Power
o WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSSR)
o Service Component Architecture (SCA)/ Service Data Objects (SDO)
o Tools, methodologies, Best Practices for Enterprise Architecture Integration (EAI) and techniques.
This role partners effectively with Program team, Integration Solution Engineering, Business Analysis, Delivery, QA, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, EPMO and other groups as needed. This role also works very closely with resource managers to staff up the project.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 5 plus years of experience as a project manager preferred.
- Experience in managing large & critical projects; preferably in the integration area
- Expertise in creating, maintaining plans using Microsoft Project Professional
- Experience in managing a project which involved multiple vendors
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate a complex and multi-faceted organizational structure utilizing a matrix management approach to accomplishing business objectives.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture standards and the demonstrate ability to advocate and enforce their use.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business implications of introducing (or displacing) solutions.
- Broad-based knowledge of the IT industry and trends.
- Excellent consulting and influencing skills.
- Formal and informal leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, presentation.
- Ability to balance financial; architectural; business and IS objectives.
- Ability to execute and get things done