Java Integration Developer
Corinth, TX | Contract
Location: Corinth, TX
Designs, develops, and maintains integration of systems and applications. Evaluates user request for more automation and/or upgrading of more complex business systems.
Primary Position Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, deploys and maintains integration components for applications and systems using WebSphere Message Broker.
• Designs system and defines problems by establishing output requirements and preparing proper documentation in professional format.
• Assists users in determining specific system requirements and devises means of achieving desired end results.
• Understands and complies with Software Development Life Cycle Methodology including design, specifications, testing and release management.
• Codes, tests, debugs and modifies new and existing applications.
• Determines the impact of proposed projects on current work load by establishing schedules for analysis, programming, and project completion/implementation.
• Performs technical reviews of operating systems to identify and correct system problems.
• Assists users in performing operational evaluation of installed systems and in making system adjustments to increase effectiveness.
• Maintains data integrity and security protocols of all systems.
• Performs other duties and activities as directed or required by supervisor/management.
• Complies with established company safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting unsafe practices to a supervisor.
• Complies with established company Information Security Handbook, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting suspected information security incidents to Information Security.
Education and Certifications Required
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Experience and Certifications Preferred
• Bachelor’ s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of design, code and implementation experience with integration solutions using WebSphere Message Broker
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise solutions using Java and the J2EE framework components (JMS, EJB, JSP, Servlets).
• 5+ years experience in application development.
• 2+ years experience in Oracle 10g/11g and MS-SQL.
• 2 + years of experience in iOS Swift programming
• Experience with MultiSpeak or CIM.
• Experience with web services development.
• Broad range of technology experience including, programming, customer information systems, billing, report generation, analysis, etc.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Strong knowledge of service-oriented design principles.
• Strong knowledge of Web Sphere Message Broker and Enterprise/Web/Client Server systems using Java, J2EE(JSP, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JCA, JMS, Servlets), XML, DOM, SAX, and RMI.
• Experience with both Oracle (more specifically, PL/SQL) & MS-SQL, with such features as Stored Procedures, writing of functions, etc.
• Experience with topics and queues.
• Experience with JMS and MQ messaging.
• Experience with web services and xml technologies (XML/XSL/XSLT/XSD, SOAP, WSDL, HTTP, REST, APIs).
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
• Understands web security protocols.
• Experience with organizing, conducting, analyzing and documenting computer program research and development.
• Able to design, implement and maintain data communications, security and privacy measures for assigned programs or systems.
• Able to identify, analyze, and resolve programming problems applicable to information processing systems, to include problem-avoidance.
• Experience with developing or revising programs to increase program effectiveness, using appropriate machine language(s).
• Good organizational, problem solving and verbal/written communication skills.
• Understands database driven sites and functionality.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office software (Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Skills and Abilities Preferred
• Previous experience with software implementation or conversion
• Knowledge of Windows server architectures and operating systems.