Jr. Electrical Design Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
- Design engineer with emphasis on system and subsystem integration and test.
- Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Support hardware and software integration in a lab environment to include the use of various test equipment to include dynamic analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.
- Perform vehicle level testing utilizing the same type of equipment.
- Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and fire control algorithms for design documents.
- Support fielding and production sites to investigate / resolve fire control issues.
- Support the integration and testing of electrical control devices and sensors on various vehicle platforms.
- Provide technical support and communication as required to program office, customers, and other departments within the company
- Bachelor’ s Degree required. Electrical Engineering preferred, similar technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Must be capable of getting a secret clearance
- Occasional travel to field sights required
- Extensive vehicle and lab testing required
- Must meet ASR requirements to work inside tanks and military vehicles
- Extensive use of computer and test equipment in both the laboratory and field environment
- Good communication skills required
- Must be capable of working in a team environment
- Occasionally must lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs