Junior Product Design Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI | Perm
Product Design Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI
Looking for a junior to mid-level candidate that will begin work making changes to existing products under the supervision and direction of a senior engineer. This individual will later start to develop their own products and follow end to end processes from design through manufacturing to ensure accuracy.
- Eventuallywill be able to design and lead the development of new products and major product programs covering frequency ranges from DC to 65 GHz and average power levels to 2000 Watts.
- Research and conduct investigations and experiments in new technologies to design new or improve existing products. Develop, document, and implement design and action plans.
- Responsibility for surface-mount RF/Microwave passive components and circuits such as attenuators, resistors, terminations, gain equalizers, and temperature-sensitive networks.
- Model, design, simulate, assemble and test of prototypes performing data analysis (S-parameter, power handling, etc.) to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Create and direct documentation of engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, and accompanying drawing packages for new / existing product, procedures, or tooling / fixtures.
- Assist Sales, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, and Quality departments in resolving product issues, complaints, waiver requests, and in answering customer inquiries.
- This is an office-based position with some work in a manufacturing setting.
- Experienced in use of computer-aided microwave or electromagnetic design software such as ADS, AWR Microwave Office, Ansoft HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, Sonnet or equivalent.
- Experienced in electrical testing, test equipment, and S-Parameter characterization.
- Proficiency in office software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as required; ability to perform math calculations, measurements, analysis or reporting as directed.
- Ability to work with detail and accuracy; analyze problems quickly; sound employee relation skills; attention to detail and ability to keep focused on a number of concurrent projects; capability to work in teams. Skilled working with semi-automated machinery and computers.
- Working knowledge of electronic and clean-room processing; packaging; ISO, military or customer specifications; CAD software, LabVIEW, and Lean manufacturing technologies.
- BS in Engineering Field – BSEE preferred