Lead Algorithm Software Engineer
Fairfax, VA | Contract
Title: Lead Algorithm Software Engineer
Location: Fairfax, Virginia 22033
Duration: 12 Months with likely extensions
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Air and Missile Defense Systems
- Lead the MIPS planning software team in development of algorithms related to mission planning and plan optimization.
- Define and develop creative and innovative software architectures and solutions to address emerging challenges in systems-of-systems algorithm integration
- Conduct or participate in the research, design, development, and integration of Air and Missile Defense (AMD) related software models and algorithms.
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Support development and integration of large-scale algorithms for AMD planning.
- Apply object-oriented design and development techniques primarily in the C++ programming language
- Develop unit test software through both automated and manual testing techniques to produce algorithm results.
- Analyze algorithm results to support verification & validation, regression testing, formal test events, and concept/feasibility studies.
- Solid knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Mission planning experience
- C++/Java software design and development
- Model Driven Architecture (MDA) and Development
- Agile development
- Database design
- Experience with Algorithm development