Lead Business Intelligence Architect
Boston, MA | Contract
- The Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Architect will focus on defining and delivering existing data and data warehouse content through an alignment and implementation of BI Solutions at Boston University.
- Working from the basis of a recently completed proof-of-concept investigation project that leveraged existing data sources and BI tools, the target deliverable for this role is to implement the optimal solutions and architectures necessary to support BI service comprised of IT and distributed department resources.
- We are looking for someone to help shape and define the end-to-end. A solid understanding of data and BI reporting that spans from physical storage, integration processes, security & connectivity, and through to the hosting and administration of BI development and BI presentation layers is required.
The ideal candidate profile would include:
- Strong knowledge of databases and datamart/data-warehouse design, data modeling, and data integration/alignment and ETL concepts along with a solid understanding of BI tool configuration and connectivity.
- Specific knowledge or familiarity with as many of the following are desirable: Microsoft PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Oracle, AWS (Aurora), SAP BW, MySQL.
- Knowledge of database tools such as Toad, SQL Management Studio, RapidSQL, SAP BEx, and an understanding of on-premises and cloud hosting concepts, database security and LDAP, etc. are desired.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, strong presentation and collaboration skills, and the ability to communicate all aspects of the process with peers as well as end users is a critical capability of the role.
Required Skill Set:
- 10+ years of experience working with database, reporting, business intelligence, and related system architectures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in relational database concepts and flat file processing concepts
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies
- Must have strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements including the creation of formal documentation
Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Skill Set:
- Oracle, MySQL (Aurora)
- SAP BW, database and (query/BI) software security configurations
- Server hosting and firewall
- MicroStrategy, Microsoft PowerBI.