Lead Data Management and Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer
Fairfax, VA | Contract
Lead Data Mgmnt and 3D Simulation Systems Engineer
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
Clearance Status: Secret
12 Month Contract
- Lead the MIPS software team for Database management and GUI development efforts.
- Work with the program technical lead on define tasks, schedule, technical issues, and risk
- Define and develop creative and innovative software architectures and solutions to address emerging challenges in systems-of-systems integration.
- Support development and integration of GUI screens and Databases.
- Participate in a team environment to design, develop, and enhance, displays for the AMD domain, including providing full life cycle support (requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing, and debugging).
- Apply object-oriented design and development techniques in the C++ and Java programming languages
- Develop unit test software through both automated and manual testing techniques to very GUI functionality.
- Analyze GUI test results to support verification & validation, regression testing, formal test events, and concept/feasibility studies.
- Investigate and resolve problems related to performance, consistency, and reliability.
- Produce documentation to capture requirements, technical concepts, software design, and user information.
- Deliver presentations to peers and customers internal and external to General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Experience with display design, development and integration
- Experiences with C++ and JAVA software development for 3D displays
- Experience with WWJ/3D GIS, NGA data sets, very strong Linux Skills
- Experience with multi-threaded Java objects and GUI components
- Experience with developing software for clients and servers
- Experience with developing software for Windows, Solaris and Linux environments
- Experience with mission planning
- Experience with Digester, XML, SQL, JDBC, Perl, Bash, JBuilder, Eclipse, MySQL, PVCS, Sybase