Washington, DC | Contract to Hire
- Looking for a Linux engineer to support future work with a Gov't client in Washington DC.
- In this role you will build, configure and troubleshoot Apache/Tomcat web servers, Java, Cold Fusion and MySQL database servers and open source applications utilizing software automation tools such as Ansible technologies.
- Provide maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of Linux software and web applications. Develop custom scripts, modify existing software configuration and/or identify and incorporate third-party products to improve or streamline existing processes or improve system performance.
- Address issues associated with operating system internals and compiler issues and dependencies.
- Develop and maintain prescribed procedures to be followed routinely in the form of standard operating procedures, develop, maintain and implement a proactive capacity planning and licensing model to support business decisions.
- You will also, detect, identify and perform problem isolation and resolution throughout the Linux servers architecture.
- U.S. citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- 8+ years of total experience with at least 3 years of web administration or full stack development and 2 years of cloud experience is preferred
- 5-7+ Years of combined system engineering and DevOps engineering experience
- Expertise with building and managing MySQL databases
- High level of proficiency with RHEL 6 & 7 operating systems, stack build automation and system compliance Ansible
- High level of proficiency in Linux Operating System (implementation, management, security, and administration). Including Filesystem Management, Firewall, Service Configurations.
- Expert knowledge of application & web system administration including deployments, troubleshooting, configuration, and tuning using JBOSS.
- Experience designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker and LXC and containerization
- Experience implementing and managing private register and containers orchestration with tools such as Artifactory, Nexus, Docker Register
- Experience managing and implementing CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Experience working cross functionally with other teams
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
- Experience with enterprise class infrastructure and equipment.
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies (VMWare).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis
- Java Application and Java Application Server administration/tuning experience (e.g.: Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat).
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or VMware vCloud and/or Docker
- Solid Linux experience (eg: Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache).
- Experience with scripting languages (eg: BASH, Perl, Ruby) and automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, cfengine)
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
Duration: 4.5 Months Contract-to-hire