Linux Security Engineer
Herndon, VA | Contract to Hire
Linux Security Engineer-
- Our client is seeking a Linux Security Engineer to support an Agency-level Focused Operations Advanced Cyber Analytics team.
- We are seeking experienced candidates with a background in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis
- Must possess a practical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards.
- Must have experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, etc.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), network equipment (e.g. routers, switches) and network security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS sensors, proxy servers, VPN concentrators, etc.).
- Must have familiarity with and ability to execute change, problem and incident management concepts and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, COBIT).
- Must possess excellent organizational and attention to details skills.
- At least five years of experience in security focused IT engineering.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or related disciplines; or have equivalent and direct experience in operating, managing and monitoring network security equipment and technologies.
Duration: 5 Month Contract-to-hire
Clearance Requirements: DHS EOD Preferred, SECRET at minimum