Material Cost Estimator
Quincy, MA | Contract
Our client in the Quincy, MA area is looking for a Lead Material Cost Estimator to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’ s fundamental defense services.
- Must be familiar with Bill of Material (BOM) generation
- Attends the proposal planning meeting and kick-offs and collaborates with functional areas to understand BOM requirements
- Supports proposal activities with innovative solutions to meet Program needs and requirements
- Identifies potential sources for required materials, and services and develops and issues request for proposals. Identifies new suppliers as required
- Participates on proposal evaluation teams in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis
- Receives, reviews, and evaluates supplier proposals to ensure they meet Prime proposal requirements
- Prepares and documents priced Bill of Material and Material (BOM) cost estimate development
- Coordinate and develop baseline budgets including detailed WBS.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of performance measurement baseline and monthly and comprehensive EAC.
- On a weekly and monthly basis analyze cost and schedule performance and resource data management, assess cost and schedule variance impacts, provide corrective action recommendations and execute corrective action plans.
- Report status on a regular basis to all stakeholders
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.