Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
Mechanical Engineer with Structural design experience using Pro/e Creo, Unigraphics or other 3-D CAD software required. A Structure and Survivability Design Engineer is needed to lead the
design and development of ground combat vehicle structures, armor
and spall liner. Candidate Analyzes and resolves design and manufacturability issues to ensure the alignment of engineering design operations with stringent contractual requirements.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or similar, required\
• Design of weld joints for steel and aluminum structures
• Develop engineering design concepts via CAD software
• Design of structures, appendages, armor and spall liner for various military vehicle platforms
• Work with design services (drafting) to create detailed drawings
• Provide technical support to other engineering organizations
• Address manufacturing, procurement and field problem reports
• Present design concepts and program status to functional and program management
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.