Coppell, TX | Contract to Hire
Title: NOC Technician
Location: Coppell, TX
Description: We have an opening for a NOC Technician in Coppell, TX to identify issues with customer equipment, and then work with technical support engineers to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures using remote monitoring tools.
The candidate will need to be able to assess problems that cannot be readily resolved and escalate to Tier 2 Network Voice Support Engineer(s) for timely resolution. The position will require the Help Desk Coordinator to work shift-work to support of the customer’ s requirements for 7x24x365 day support. This position will also coordinate with the Account Team to best manage customer network upgrades, integration, implementation, configuration of networking devices.
- 1-5 years of direct experience with configuring, installing, troubleshooting and analyzing internetworking voice equipment, or experience with Network monitoring applications
- Ability to work with technical support engineers to diagnosis network problems, follow procedures and processes to find solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of IP, Routers, Switching Basics
- General knowledge of Enterprise Voice equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of Computer based remote monitoring applications and SNMP
- Problem ownership and self-sufficient skills to include excellent documentation and communication skills is required.
- Customer support and remote monitoring will occur 7X24x365 days a year.
Required Skills: IP, Routers, Switching Basics
Desired Skills: Enterprise Voice equipment