Washington, DC | Contract to Hire
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Contract to hire
Seeking an Application Developer to be a key contributor to the integration, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and production support a COT customization project.
• Provide full life-cycle development including design, development, testing and implementation of projects that support business goals.
• Take ownership of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive architecture and integration documentation.
• Participate in code reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture, follow defined guidelines and coding standards and meet user requirements.
• Monitor production applications, supporting applications and integrated web services via production monitoring solutions.
• Identify process improvements and enhancements to existing business and IT processes that will increase operating efficiencies.
• Collaborate with end users and provide exceptional customer service by becoming a trusted business advisor.
Required skills and experience:
• 5+ years of progressive systems development experience utilizing a full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• 5+ years of experience with PHP development and associated tools
• Ability to work with COTS low-code development platforms and environments
• Experience with CRM platforms
• Experience with relational database design and development using MySQL and MS SQL Server
• Experience with creating and consuming RESTful API services
• Proven experience diagnosing and resolving problems
• Experience leading others in the development and deployment of mid-to-large size projects
• Familiarity with MVC development models
• Familiarity with testing methodologies and tools
• Familiarity with OpenShift / Docker
• Windows and Linux experience
• SVN and Git Experience
• Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
• Experience working on agile self-organized, cross-functional teams.
• Familiar with agile principles, processes, and methods such as iterative and incremental development, continuous integration, test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, code refactoring, pair programming, and Scrum ceremonies.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Strong documentation skills
• Team player, flexible/adaptable, responsible and accountable
• Strong problem solving and service delivery skills, particularly in the presentation and education of technological issues and solutions
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Efficient problem identification and resolution skills
• Value added mentality
• Demonstration of careful attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Technology or 5-7 years of equivalent experience
*** Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.***