Cambridge, MA | Contract
A PWB Designer is needed for a 6-12 month contract position located in the Boston, MA area.
- Create complex PWB layouts using inputs from the schematic designers and other members of engineering.
- Design techniques such as differential pairs, length matching, impedance control, blind & buried vias, and BGA routing are critical to completing these designs.
- Required to create fabrication and assembly documentation and interface with DFM engineers to ensure manufacturability.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of industry standard practices for schematic drafting, constraint editing, PWB layout, and PWB assembly.
- Works effectively with the schematic, layout, component database, and drafting tools used within the group.
- Able to follow processes and work instructions and adapt to new processes and work instructions quickly.
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years PWB layout experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition, DxDesigner (ViewDraw).
- Good oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to execute on a project task.
- Exceptional communications skills, attention to detailand demonstrated ability to independently drive a layout project to completion required.
- Familiarity with industry standards: IPC-7351, JEDEC-JP95, MIL-STD-1835.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.