Performance Test Engineer
Beverly, MA | Contract to Hire
Softworld’ s client is hiring a Performance Test Engineer work with product management, development, DCOPS and QA teams to design and execute the load & performance test activities on multiple, simultaneous, complex projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Define Best Practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of Performance Test Automation practices
- Create and architect solutions to ensure a high performing enterprise architecture
- Test execution and results analysis
- Debug, troubleshoot and work with team members to find and fix software defects
- Create reports that describe detected defects and possible causes
- Manage the Performance Test Environment and application servers by requesting application configuration and code deployments, trouble shoot issues, setup security and user access.
- Conduct job trainings and provide assistance to Junior Test Engineers as needed
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as software performance test engineering
- At least 3 years recent leadership experience in performance testing
- Experience with Microsoft Performance testing tools or comparable tools like LoadRunner, Performance Center, Jmeter
- Knowledge of a multi-tier Client/Server system architecture required
- At least 1 year experience in C# programming
- Experience with performance testing on .NET platforms
- Experience with API load testing
- Understanding of Performance Metrics and Reports
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and structures, preferably MS SQL server; experience with database performance testing
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for delivering high quality enterprise software systems
- Excellent writing and communication skills