Power Electronics Design Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
The Power System Electronics and Hardware Engineer will be responsible for vehicle power electronics hardware design.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop vehicle power electrical and electronics specifications
- Design vehicle power electrical and electronic systems and components
- Design and analyze Electric Generators/Alternators and motors
- Design analog power circuits to include IGBTs, MOSFETs, etc.
- Assess suppliers; power electronics designs for compatibility, operability, and adaptability for developed products
- Analyze and simulate vehicle power electronic capabilities
- Verify, tune, and validate controls, hardware, and software
- Troubleshoot controls, hardware, or software issues
- Bachelor’ s degree required, Masters preferred with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience. Fewer years of experience will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Experience with analog circuit design which focuses on electronic hardware for control and/or power conversion systems
- Experience with resolving circuit functional and performance issues with analysis (e.g., frequency analysis), simulation (e.g., PSpice, MatLab, etc.), and testing
- Experience with high voltage power electronics circuit board schematic capture and layout (using such tools as Mentor Graphics, ORCAD, etc.)
- Experience with electrical machine/power conversion control theory & implementation
- Ability to occasionally travel, including to Canada