Principal Agile Program Manager
Burlington, MA | Perm
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Softworld, Inc. client is looking for a Principal Agile Program Manager who is passionate about leading Agile teams. Do you thrive in a start-up environment, yet seek stability? Are you energized by finding ways to positively impact teams to excel and deliver value to customers? If you answered “ yes” to these questions, then our client's Principal Agile Program Manager -Release Train Engineer (RTE) role may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client's RTE employs servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of a program and provides mentoring, coaching, and facilitating across several teams.
The RTE will work with his train toward achieving their objectives committed to during PI planning.
- Guide continuous backlog refinement with the team.
- Foster trust and collaboration across all team members; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Foster continuous collaboration; continuously collaborate and communicate across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- Promote continuous improvement at the team level for all functions.
- Give recognition for results.
- Support the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Guide teams towards high performance.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to develop and foster cross team communication.
- Assist Agile Coaches and other Agile Program Managers to coach, train and educate teams, Programs (team of teams) and those surrounding the teams on the principles and practices of Agile.
Model continuous learning.
- Gain an understanding of Agile-at-scale approaches and techniques.
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
- Responsible for program level logistics, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases.
- Support and encourage healthy program communication across all levels of the enterprise for small to medium-sized value streams; act as a communications hub between the Portfolio, Program and Agile Team level roles and activities.
- Facilitate readiness for program increment planning (vision, backlog, economic prioritization, and facilities).
- Assist with economic decision making by facilitating Epic and Feature estimation at the program level.
- Work with Product Manager, Product Owners, Business Owners, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment between strategy and execution.
- Facilitate the program level cross-team collaboration activities such as Scrum of Scrums.
- Facilitate the process of program level planning (Program Increment or Release) for small to medium-sized value streams.
- Facilitate all retrospectives for the program level (Inspect & Adapt Workshops) for small to medium-sized value streams.
- Proactively recognize and resolve conflicts between teams/functions through collaboration and consensus.
- Track program impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the program.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 5 or more years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe Agile Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (excel, power point, comfortable with presenting status summary in program review meetings to management.)
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Able to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different Retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skilled at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.