Principal DevOps Engineer
Burlington, MA | Perm
Principle DevOps Engineer:
Our client provides their customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Their Platform Team is passionate about helping developers build and deploy secure code faster and creates the tools developers need to inject security into DevOps and CI/CD.
Our client is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer to join their team and play a lead role in the evolution of the team to a full DevOps model. This resource will be responsible for helping to plan, design and implement their CI/CD environment. The candidate must be comfortable leading /mentoring other DevOps Engineers in additions to the below listed skills.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Mentor more junior engineers on team to improve performance and productivity.
- Leading efforts to Automate everything.
- Lead DevOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or related/relevant field. Master's degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (Terraform, Packer, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Experience with CI/CD strategies and related tools (Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Experience with the selection, implementation and use of different Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience designing solutions in AWS (Could consider MS Azure Cloud experience).
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, Bash, Java, Go). This is a deal breaker. Must Have
- Past experience performing Linux systems engineering responsibilities.
- Experience with Microservices architecture.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Practical experience leading and mentoring engineers.
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a quick study and have great attention to detail.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience designing infrastructure as code using and working in a secure development lifecycle.
- Experience sharing the innovative work you do at conferences, meetups, etc.
- Experience with core systems like LDAP and NTP.
- Experience with AWS Config