San Diego, CA | Contract
Project Manager is required for a contract position in San Diego, CA
- The State and Local Government Organization is seeking a senior customer facing Program/Project Manager in San Diego, California. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced team delivering IT enterprise solutions projects to the County of San Diego across multiple departments and business groups.
- The person in this role will support the County of San Diego Program Management Office with assignment to 1 or many projects from the CoSD Office of Technology.
- Must have active PMP certification
- Must demonstrate superior critical thinking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- Experience leading and managing IT projects or programs
- Ability to create and review project requirements to allow timely, high-quality delivery
- Experience preparing proposals and statements of work, developing project estimates, work plans, staffing plans and advise on implementation strategy
- Experience developing detailed project plans with identifiable critical paths, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manage the agreed project plans and schedules
- Experience managing projects using Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Proven track record of delivering on time and on budget
- Ability to estimate resources needed to achieve implementation success and ongoing support goals
- Experience providing performance feedback, mentoring and leading project teams
- Experience managing project resources and budget to plan
- Demonstrated leadership ability in complex projects involving multiple vendors and in-house resources within all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to manage delivery across a matrixed organization
- Excellent client relationship skills, representing the delivery team and ensuring that customer expectations are managed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven IT technical background and ability to understand complex IT solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a time critical
- Agile or Scrum experience
- PMP is required and must be verified prior to submittal
- Superior customer facing experience
- Must have budgeting experience, Earned Value Management (EVM) is what is highlighted on the JD.
Duration: 11 months
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.