Project Manager of Drug Discovery
Cambridge, MA | Contract
• Ensure smooth project execution in collaboration with Scientific Project Leaders based in Boston, San Diego, Shonan (Japan) and Europe (Switzerland & UK)
• Develop highly collaborative cross-functional relationships within the company and outside with partners and service providers in support of GI DDU projects.
• Set up and implement solid project management infrastructure to support project execution covering reporting, project planning, documentation workflow, budgeting, and risk management.
• Act as the communication hub for monitoring and reporting of project issues, plans, budgets and resources.
• Ensure all elements of Scientific Plans and all components that will go into the future Asset Strategy are planned and prepared for each project
• Be fully engaged with the entire DDU team and make critical contributions to project operations to drive overall DDU performance
• Coordinate setting of project objectives and critical path timelines with Scientific Project leaders for projects assigned to this role
• Set project planning disciplines and deliver all planning work products required to manage GI DDU projects assigned to this role.
• Coordinate cross-functional meetings, including the creation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, and drive completion of action items. Ensure good meeting disciplines are continuously maintained (with supporting documentation) so that there is a clear logical record of events for each project or partnership.
• Develop and maintain project infrastructure – including library/repositories of data & actions, project Gantt Charts, and Budgets. Ensure data integrity to support accurate reporting and communications. Track progress against project plans and ensures project teams/stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver assays/contracts/decisions etc
• Manage all project reporting and support implementation of Tableau system for project visibility and global dashboard. Manage stakeholder communication in support of project execution.
• Manage business operations for the GI DDU, partnering with internal and cross-functional resources within Finance, Legal, and other operations groups. Manage the GI DDU documentation workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule.
• Coach and support Scientific Project Leaders to drive projects to stage gates and ensure KPIs are met. Highlight and resolve project risks and issues with project team.
• Liaise cross-functionally (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all scientific functions as necessary) to support good budgetary disciplines and adherence to contractual commitments.
• Devise and support continuous improvement activities for all project management processes.