Boston, MA | Contract to Hire
Softworld’ s elite asset management client is hiring a Quant Developer.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Strong Python or Java programming experience.
- Practical understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, asset backed securities, mortgages, etc.
- Very good knowledge of Fixed Income analytics
- Familiarity with OIS pricing models and related concepts
- Practical understanding of Derivatives (including valuation and risk management approaches)
- Experience dealing with analytics vendors (Yield Book, Point, Bloomberg,… etc)
- Experience with vendor valuation libraries and applications (Numerix, Calypso, FinCad)
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of ownership of outcomes
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’ s degree is required
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset