RF/Microwave Design Engineer -Space Hardware
Scottsdale, AZ | Contract
RF/Microwave Design Engineer – Space Hardware
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’ s core defense/intelligence services and systems.
Candidates must demonstrate a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of electronic equipment and systems. This position requires the design, development, test, and support of wide band, high dynamic range, low noise, space-based receivers and transmitters. The candidate must be an RF/Microwave design engineer with broad experience in RF and microwave design. The candidate is responsible for board level design from antenna output to analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Signal intelligence experience is preferred.
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong RF/Microwave module and circuit design experience specifying, implementing and optimizing circuitry that includes low noise amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers, filters, phase locked loops, and baseband analog circuits. Frequency range experience from baseband to 18GHz required, baseband to 67GHz desired.
- Experience performing cascade analysis of RF/Microwave modules and systems to predict gain, IP2/IP3, noise, and power
- Experience performing frequency planning, spurious analysis and phase noise analysis
- Experience with RF/Microwave design tools such as Agilent ADS, GENESYS, and HFSS
- Must be proficient in the use of RF lab test equipment including Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, RF Signal Generator, Power Meter, and Oscilloscope
- Proven experience in RF test development and debug
- Understanding of the intricacies of board layout issues for high frequency design
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the GDMS culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure GDMS services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.