Incident Response SOC Analyst
Incident Response SOC Analyst - Secret Clearance Required
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
- The SOC Incident Response Analyst is part of the Security Monitoring and Response team which provides Department-wide 24x7 security, network system monitoring and incident handling.
- Provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
- Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process.
- Leads teams in developing application and technical plans.
- Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-rise and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience. Five (5) years of direct related experience in related field may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Perform all tasks required per shift including reporting, monitoring, and turnover
- Assess incident severity and escalate as needed
- Perform additional event/incident investigation and research as needed
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing, escalation and client service
- Interact with network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote
- Monitor and respond to alerts from network devices and work directly with vendors during circuit outages.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, TCP/IP, UNIX, IP Routing, Internet connectivity and protocols (TCP/IP) VPNs, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Understanding of basic network services
- Experience with/Knowledge of Enterprise Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) systems, IDS devices, firewalls, and/or antivirus management
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills
- Understanding of security threat and attack countermeasures
- Experience / Knowledge of variety of Intrusion Detection/Prevention platforms
- Experience with VPN, SSL, other encryption methodology / technology a plus
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire