SQA Test Engineer
Framingham, MA | Contract
Automation Software Test Technicians with voice assist technology testing experience (i.e. Alexa, Google Assist, or similar products with voice response). The right candidate should demonstrate knowledge of quality assurance principals on products designed around hardware platforms, ideally with voice prompt technology included (Headphones/headsets would be ideal, or other speaker products with voice assist). *Please note: candidates without voice-assist experience may also be considered, BUT ONLY if they have strong Python experience and can pass an in-depth Python coding challenge.
This position will also offer an opportunity to learn, gaining exposure and experience with embedded software products, state-of-the-art electronic technologies, and Python coding.
• Experience with Python is preferred (or required if no voice assist experience)
• Develop test plans based on system requirements
• Communicate with 3rd parties to execute certification
• Execute existing test plans and capturing results
• Perform day-to-day testing, analyze results, and work with development teams to quickly target and fix build & test failures
• Experience with voice assist testing
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with product management, development, and customer support.
• 5+ years of experience with Software Quality Assurance methodologies, with knowledge of both Agile techniques
• Experience with Python is highly preferred (required if no voice assist experience)
• Experience with API testing techniques
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience testing consumer audio hardware and/or embedded software products
• Strong experience with Python
• Experience testing interactivity of mobile applications (iOS and Android) controlling hardware products
• Experience with Appium is a huge plus, but not required
• Experience managing Jenkins and creating workflows/jobs for continuous integration testing and deployments. This includes setting up automatic code pulls from git/svn, packaging it into containers, starting automated tests, and reporting results via dashboards
• Experience testing Wifi standards (802.11x, WPA2, etc.) and Bluetooth on hardware and software products
• Experience using tools to troubleshoot networking issues (e.g., Wireshark)
• Postman and Putty experience is also highly desirable, but not required.