Senior BI Advisor
Southborough, MA | Contract
Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration points to determine appropriate technology solutions. Designs and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
• Prepares flow charts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis
• Responsible for preparing design documentation.
• ETL Design, tests and debugs software according to client standards, policies and procedures.
• Should have working knowledge on dimensional modeling.
• Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions.
• Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
• Interacts with business users and I/T to define current and future application requirements.
• Executes schedules, costs and documentation to ensure project comes to successful conclusion.
• Initiates corrective action to stay on project schedules.
• May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
• Leads small to moderate budget projects.
• Knowledge and Skills
• Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of application programming processes and procedures to the completion of complex assignments.
• Competent to analyze diverse and complex problems.
• Possesses and applies broad knowledge of principles of applications programming.
• Competent to work in most phases of applications programming.
• To lead small projects or starting to offer programming solutions at an advanced level.
• Knowledge includes advanced work on standard applications programs including coding, testing and debugging.
• Advanced ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
• Advanced understanding of how technology decisions relate to business needs.
Technical skills required:
• Proficient in SAP BW and SAP BW on HANA modeling
• Worked in BW requirements gathering, customer interaction, detailed documentation of requirements, solutions and functional specifications, including the creation of data flows.
• Must have a strong backend design & development experience with BW related ABAP, OpenHub, Multi Providers and Custom Data sources.
• Design and Develop BW Data Models leveraging the new features - Open ODS, ADSO, and Composite Providers.
• SAP Business Objects development experience with SAP HANA/BW is highly desirable.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience delivering Proof of Concepts