Senior Test Engineer
Chicago, IL | Contract
Softworld's client's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care and patient engagement.
The quality assurance engineer for this position is responsible for testing several mission critical Java-based applications.
The engineer will regularly interact with Product and other engineering groups. This person must be collaborative, adaptive, self-critical, and able to thrive in a fast-paced development environment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Work as a part of an Agile/Scrum team
• Create test plans and test cases based on functional and software design specifications
• Work closely with product owners, developers, and QA engineers to understand the product requirements and use cases to deliver high-quality test cases
• Perform ad-hoc and regression testing of system components that are potentially affected by changes to the system and introduction of new features/functionality
• Be responsible for following through and making sure defects are reported and escalated appropriately
• Work to identify missing test cases and refine existing scripts for modularity and automation purposes
• Estimate and prioritize work for optimal risk mitigation and identify suitable regression suites
• Solve analytical problems both independently and with peers as the situation requires.
• Work on multiple tasks, make commitments, and deliver within agreed upon timeframe.
• Demonstrate a cooperative spirit by actively listening, and collaborating with other team members as well as other teams to foster an innovative, problem-solving environment.
• Participate in all relevant meetings: Development meetings, project team meetings, issue management meetings, and others as assigned.
• Follow best practices and standards for coding and testing.
• Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: A Bachelor's of Science (BS) in Computer Science/Technology or related field is required.
• 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
• Some experience with Java is required
• Experience testing web services is a must (SOAP and REST)
• Strong knowledge of SQL is a must
• Experience with JIRA for test management and issue tracking is a must
• UI automation experience using Selenium Web Driver is preferred
• Experience with tools like GIT, Eclipse and Jenkins.
• Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, XML and JSON.