Seniro IT Engineer
Cambridge, MA | Contract
Overall, the person has ultimate responsibility for ensuring availability of network devices. In detail, this position provides a broad range of design, implementation, troubleshooting, remediation and root cause analysis of Cisco and non-Cisco network equipment. In addition to that, this resource will be authorized to assist Service Delivery Manager with current projects and will be able to provide guidance as needed.
• Experience with Cisco Network, TelePresence, Video Conference, and Voice equipment
• Interfacing with Takeda end-users, service delivery managers, vendors, Wipro site personnel and Wipro site management
• Proactive issue notification, change management (as warranted), and remediation
• Including but not limited to Cisco (Nexus 7Ks, 5Ks, 6509s, 6513s, 3850s, 2960s, 3650s, 3750s, Cat 9300, 6800s, etc)
• Infoblox (DHCP, NTP, Dyn DNS); F5 and Citrix Load-Balancers; routers (4300s, ISR 1ks, ISR G1s and G2s; 7200s, etc)
• Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, Emergency Responder, ATAs, Voice Gateways (SIP, H323 and MGCP); VG224s and VG300s, on the Takeda Boston/Cambridge campus site.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• A Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of 16 years previous systems administration experience on relevant systems, OR
• A Master degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of 14 years previous systems administration experience on relevant systems, OR
• A high school diploma with a minimum of 15 years previous systems administration experience on relevant systems with certification