Sr. DevOps Engineer
Madison, WI | Contract to Hire
Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
- Sr Dev Ops Engineer is required for a 6 month contract in Wisconsin.
- As a member of this small Agile team, you will help build and manage complex application environments, deploy code and configuration, and troubleshoot issues.
- This position interfaces with multiple software development teams as well as our infrastructure team to develop and implement our continuous deployment processes.
5+ years of experience in a DevOps, Systems/IT or Software Engineering role
• Experience creating new processes, tools, and methods for releasing software in an automated fashion
• Experience extending/adapting existing and legacy processes, tools, and methods
• Experience provisioning and managing
o Microsoft Windows systems
o IIS and JBoss application servers
o MS SQL database servers
o Custom developed applications using .NET and Java
• Thorough understanding of certificate based security; experience with certificate management and SSO
• Experience with automation tools for application deployment and systems management, such as Octopus or equivalent (application deployment software), Puppet or equivalent (configuration management), TeamCity or equivalent (build management/continuous integration)
• Scripting experience in Powershell or other languages
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing is preferred
• Experience with SaaS deployments
• Experience leading complex projects and mentoring junior team members
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Well organized, good project management skills
• Self-motivated/ driven
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
Duration: 6 months then conversion to perm
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.