Sr. Project Manager
New York, NY | Contract
The Senior Project Manager has primary responsibility to plan, track, and manage to success the projects to which they are assigned. He/she will identify key stakeholders and help define the project objectives. The Senior Project Manager manages projects according to approved project frameworks, including both Agile and traditional project management approaches. He/she must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team and create an environment that fosters the prescribed agile methods and processes. Finally, the Project Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
This particular role will focus on the replatforming of our homegrown CMS to Adobe’ s Experience Manager. That involves changing integrations with all of our web sites, mobile apps, and more.
Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow the project management frameworks for project delivery.
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success.
- Review project requests and participate in the green-light process.
- Facilitate the creation of a well-defined Project Backlog or Project Plan.
- Manage Sprint and Release planning or development cycle.
- Assure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Work with offshore development teams to tightly integrate them into their project work streams.
- Ensure project resources are applied appropriately
- Pull together upfront estimates of time and resource utilization.
- Facilitate change control and risk mitigation.
- Analyze risk and mitigation accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
- Track and report key project metrics.
- Track capital budgets and provide financial reports (when applicable).
- Keep all stakeholders informed of status and issues.
- Manage relationships with the Product Team and/or stakeholders.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict within the project.
- Coordinate participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects.
- Promulgate department-wide project and management processes.
- Learn, understand, and actively use project management software to effectively manage project deliverables.
- At least 7 years experience managing projects, 4 in a senior position.
- Ability to lead and motivate people to encourage performance and teamwork.
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to a chosen project and facilitate resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Agile certifications and/or PMP certification highly valued.
- Very strong leadership and communication skills
- Superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Agile or Lean methodologies and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches.
- Managing projects within a media company. – Nice to have.
- Managing projects that involve content management systems. – Very strongly preferred
- Working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product, QA teams, and large vendors.
- Driving (Quality Assurance) QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Management of offshore project teams.
- Supervising and mentoring staff and contractors.
- Budgeting and financial tracking in an enterprise environment.
Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent, minimum.