Sr. Quality Engineer
Cambridge, MA | Contract
As a Quality Engineer (QE) you will be responsible for providing quality assurance support and guidance as part of a team of engineers, developers and project managers for product manufacture, test and test equipment. The position is located in Cambridge MA. Specific responsibilities include the following.
Responsible for quality oversight of a Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) supplier. This includes support of material review board, test review board, waiver/deviation review/approval, root cause, corrective and preventative action.
Responsible for quality oversight of test equipment development, production and maintenance.
Responsible for supervising a team of internal auditors focusing on lab compliance. This role also includes driving issues to closure and providing weekly summaries.
Document, monitor and drive continuous improvement at both Draper and suppliers by identifying trends, develop and administer technical investigation and corrective action programs to resolve recurring quality problems.
Participate in internal and external supplier audits
Occasional domestic and international travel
It is important that this individual be a self-starter and able to interface at multiple levels within the organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to readily adapt to changing priorities are required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is REQUIRED
- Experience with circuit card assembly (CCA) manufacturing and supplier quality mgmt.
- Experience with managing projects and people to deadlines.
- Proficiency in documenting plans, procedures and presenting to a technical audience.
- An engineering Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Ten (10) or more years of experience as a Quality Engineer
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to domestic or international based locations
Experience with Quality Standards ISO 9000 and AS9100