Boston, MA | Perm
- The System Administrator is responsible for the daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution for the operating system, hardware, storage and tools provided for our hosted application stack on a mix of Linux and Windows Server platforms.
- They are also responsible for all internal-facing server based applications supporting our corporate workflow, on a similar platform mix.They will work closely with our Application Management and Software Development Teams, in order to provide end-to-end platform support and application management services.
- Platform Support and Issue Resolution – Participate in the daily management of all hardware and operating system (OS) platforms within the IMS Hosted Environment, including, but not limited to, the Mobile Commerce Management platforms.
- Management of the Virtualization and Storage platforms
- Daily monitoring and alert responses
- Tuning performance of the operating system in alignment with documented methodologies
- Maintaining security of the operating system in alignment with documented methodologies
- Acute and Recurring issue investigation and resolution
- Log and Performance trend analysis
- Development and Tuning of OS and hardware monitoring in alignment with documented methodologies
- Root cause analysis of problems
- Participation in 24x7 On-Call rotation to support resolution of acute issues
- Internal Support – Provide support for all interactions with the hardware and OS layers of IMS systems and support of all business platforms. This will include support outside of business hours for deployment activities.
- Deployment of configuration changes
- Business hours maintenance of all non-production environments
- Management of various business platforms: Atlassian product suite, Office 365, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, others…
- Support of basic tasks on key network systems (Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls, etc…)
- Internal Training
- Work closely with Application Management to ensure your familiarity with our applications and their OS/Hardware requirements
- Participate in personal technical training to ensure technical knowledge is kept current
- Process Management
- Assist with implementation of the Change Management process
- Work closely with Process Engineering to ensure smooth operation of all deployment platforms
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an energetic, self-starter, who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment
- Be familiar with day-to-day use of monitoring/alerting systems.
- Be passionate and involved with technology
- (This list is not exhaustive, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as required to fulfill the role)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Windows Server platform
- Experience with Linux
Languages (good level required):
Education/Experience Requirements and Useful Skills:
· Required: B.S. degree in a technical discipline or related field or equivalent experience
· Preferred: 3-5 years in a System Administration role
· Specific areas of experience or expertise:
· Required: Experience with virtualized environments
· Required: Must be able to support off-hours on-call.
· Preferred: Knowledge of high availability, SAN, performance and tuning, RAID, TCP/IP
· Required: Problem Solving & troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis to design preventative activities.
· Required: Capable of independently solving simple to moderately complex problems
· Required: Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.