Systems Integration Engineer - Secret Cleared
Arlington, VA | Contract
Title: Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Crystal City, VA
- The Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and integration of building systems solutions in a wide variety of industries.
- This highly technical and hands-on position requires the selected candidate to work in a team and individual work setting contributing to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.
- Systems Integration Engineers should be self-starters and have the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Evaluate, Build, Integrate, Test and Prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirement.
- Serve as primary escalation point for incident tickets for Tier 2/3 support
- Deploy, maintain, and operate a data backup and recovery solution that supports encryption requirements
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators, Integrators, and Engineers to provide overall operations and maintenance for production environment
- Utilize common configuration management practices and peer review to maintain and improve quality of services
- Gather and analyze data to establish system requirements
- Develop work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon client needs
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations
- Provide client with post-installation and integration support
- Minimum of 5 years work related IT experience commensurate with tasks outlined in this service area
- MCSE certification (preferred)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms
- Demonstrated experience migrating systems to new approved versions Experience creating and managing Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQL/Oracle) backups and restores
- Demonstrated experience using Active Directory infrastructure, design and interface capabilities with other MS products
- Ability and Experience with configuring hardware/software in accordance with DISA STIGs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Candidates must have an active DOD Secret Clearance before being considered for the Program. Also an IAT Level II is required and must be upgraded to IAT Level III within 60 days.
Duration: 6 Months (with possible extension)
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.