Deerfield, IL | Contract
These architects will be involved with the early stages of the cloud based transition by Takeda from standard hardware systems/processes.
- AWS/Cloud migration experience
- Pharma Experience
- SOA (service oriented architecture)
• Serves as domain expert and principal designer for major infrastructure across multiple areas of specialization.
• Provides leadership to a team of Architects within their areas of specialization.
• Develops the strategic vision with IT Management for areas of responsibility.
• Analyses the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and researches/evaluates alternative solutions while weighing costs, efficiencies, and industry best practices to provide recommended solution within area of responsibility.
• Develops the strategic vision with IT management for the infrastructure within areas of responsibility by translating the needs of the business into IT solutions.
• Collaborates with other Functional Heads of Architecture to ensure that solutions are both strategically and technologically aligned across multiple domains.
• Defines, publishing and communicates the global standards within their area of specialty.
• Analyses the current IT environment to identify opportunities to bring new or improved capabilities to the business within each area of responsibility.
• Leads the introduction of new capabilities into the organization including technology selection, design and pilot. Works closely with PMO and Service Delivery to introduce new services into production.
• Manages the design, development and implementation of infrastructure required to support the integration of projects and technology into the existing environment
• Resolves unique and complex IT architecture problems within area of responsibility
• Collaborates with the PMO and Service Delivery functions on the delivery of IT projects and the support of infrastructure within area of responsibility
• Develops and manages relationships with key customers and/or vendors
• Manages and resolves issues and escalates them appropriately
• Follows all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards
• Manages and develops team in area of responsibility including all aspects of the company’ s performance management process
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’ s degree and seven years IT experience, or High School Diploma and eleven years of IT experience
• Minimum 7 years’ experience with infrastructure, systems, applications or services within area of responsibility
• Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
• Experienced cross-team leader to ensure successful delivery of solutions
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Strong experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)
• Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
• Deep knowledge of technology in their domain area
• Ability to write and speak in the English language
• Formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF or equivalent