Technical Product Support Specialist
Malden, MA | Contract to Hire
Technical Product Support Specialist
The Technical Product Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Customer Care (CC) team with technical product knowledge on all client products. This position will deliver product training to CC associates, as well as call center trainers and technical support agents. This position is to identify trends and raise product issues that are occurring in the field with DTC (direct to consumer) customers and dealers and follow through with corrective action through manufacturing resources. It also will assess the effectiveness of the client’ s technical training programs and address deficiencies through videos, multimedia training aids, troubleshooting, and training resources as necessary.
· Support the dealer customer service team by taking calls (in-season) and using this knowledge to identify trends with product installation or operations, and communicating issues to manufacturing as necessary. Also process feedback from dealers to identify best practices around the expeditious installation of our products using tools or processes that might improve the quality or efficiency of their work
· Maintain a technical knowledge library of websites centered upon product changes and known trends occurring with products in the field
· Review and improve all web based training resources for call center and internal client agents to insure common methods of identifying and solving technical issues with customers and dealers
· Create and maintain multimedia/video training aids to assist dealer/installers and tech agents and customers
· Provide all technical training and support training material for tech agents through annual refresher trainings and “ train the trainer” sessions with call center trainers
· Monitor recorded agent calls and evaluate tech agents at centers to assess training program effectiveness and to identify opportunities for additional or enhanced training around certain product installation or troubleshooting issues. Use this opportunity to improve effectiveness of support site and troubleshooting tools that are in use.
· Point of contact for supporting client customers with installation. Evaluate the quality of the work performed by these contractors and provide feedback (as necessary) about issues or complaints
· Assist with customer escalations resulting from product installation or operational issues by contacting customer and/or dealer installer to resolve
· Maintain all needed replacement parts screens in the Client CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system by means of appropriate pictures, descriptions, and processes, in order to assist agents with trouble shooting product issues and presenting obvious solutions with replacements parts and/or instructions available in the system
· Assist with the investigation of any customer incidents or injuries associated with the installation or operation of a Client product by contacting customers and gathering factual data. Assist with the determination of root cause and possible improvements / changes to existing processes or methods
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Proven technical skills and strong ability to understand the functionality of electrical and mechanical devises
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to develop training materials and documents that will support the onsite customer service agents and the call center agents
· Knowledge of web based training tools, including desktop publishing, search engine optimization, and multimedia/video training aids to assist dealer/installers and tech agents
· Must have strong interpersonal skills as the positon will interface with retail customers, dealers, and other Client departments, not limited to manufacturing, marketing, IT, etc.
· Ability to work with PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for 8 hours
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally